I was trained personally by Kim West and her team of incredible specialists, including:
- Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center Connecticut, USA; specialises in medical conditions and sleep apnea in children
- Dr. Anthony Loizides, MD, pediatric gastroenterologist New York, USA specialises in reflux and infant sleep
- Jodi Jennings, OTLR; expert in sensory processing disorders and sleep
To become a Gentle Sleep Coach we are personally selected by Kim West and we complete months of training, followed by a rigorous final exam. Everything is personally supervised by Kim West, who has been helping tired parents for over 20 years.
Clinical supervisions and ongoing advanced trainings are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach annually.
In addition to being certified to coach children from 6 months to 5 years , the GSC Program also includes exclusive advanced training specifically focused on how to gently work with babies 0-5 months of age.
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In-depth knowledge of the importance of attachment and infant mental health
- The sleep science behind the first six months of life
- What special considerations need to be taken when working with and supporting families during this delicate period.
- Specialized instruction on how to evaluate families in the first six months
- Guidance on how to assess when the baby is ready for sleep coaching based on current research and evidence-based strategies
- Review of gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are developmentally appropriate, breastfeeding and attachment friendly and promote a solid foundation for sleep learning and long-term healthy sleep patterns.
The training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education, tools, and resources they need to successfully work with children in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.